cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Searching Across Attributes

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Searching Across Attributes

In Windchill 10.1 is it possible to search for a substring that may be found in more than one attribute? For example I have Attr1, Attr2, and Attr3 defined for EPMDocuments. I want to search for the substring "*SCREW*". I am wondering if Windchill can search across the 3 attributes for this substring?

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
[cid:image001.jpg@01CDDC30.5ABB2ED0]

2 REPLIES 2

On 12/17/12 07:27, Williams, Patrick wrote:
>
> In Windchill 10.1 is it possible to search for a substring that may be found in more than one
> attribute? For example I have Attr1, Attr2, and Attr3 defined for EPMDocuments. I want to search
> for the substring "*SCREW*". I am wondering if Windchill can search across the 3 attributes for
> this substring?
>

In Windchill 9.1 this is possible with an Advanced Search. I would think the same is available in 10.1.

> *Patrick Williams*| Engineering Systems | c: 616.947.2110
>
> sc_inc_black_sig_1_alt
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: randy@greatplainsmfg.com
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:pwilliams-3)

Hello and happy new year

I am not sure I understand the problem

do you have SCREW and attr1, attr2 attr3 and what to search concurrently if either attr1, 2 and 3 contains SCREW ?

or you mean that the document has multiple values for the same attribute (it is possible for WTdocument, never seen it on EPMDoc though)

If your attributes do not have restricted values, you can use the advanced search as said previous and use wildcards.

For instance if

attr1 = SCREW BLUE

attr2 = ISO SCREW

attr3 = OTHER SCREW TYPE

in your advance searched you select as criteria your 3 attributes and put *SCREW*

if the attributes have restricted values, you cannot use wildwide car as you have the restricted value instead.

Nonetheless, if you create a folder view and use filter you can use wildcard in your filter

Another option is to install SOLR, (used to be called FAST). If you put *SCREW* in the global search, PDMLink will search everywhere for that string, regardless of the parameters, attributes etc...

Best regards

Top Tags