cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Searching Pro/I (3.4, M050) for where used of all standard part instances...

JimAugeri
1-Newbie

Searching Pro/I (3.4, M050) for where used of all standard part instances...

I have tried searching this forum for this and found all sorts of variataions on this theme, but not what I am looking for.

I have been asked if it is possible to get a report out of Intralink showing the usage of all of our common library parts. This would of course include all instances of family table parts; In addition to the consuming assembly(ies), this report could also output the date said assembly was created. And lastly, it could also flag instances of family table items which have NO usage at all. I know, not asking for much! But it seems like this would be a worthwhile report to have, and I don't think anything in the DSMU can do this.

I would presume that such a report would be done directly from the Oracle database using SQL-Plus, but f there is a way to do this right from inside Pro/I, I guess that would be OK as well.

Jim Augeri

Honeywell International

1 REPLY 1

Hi Jim

I was just doing this yesterday with our Intralink 3.4 server: running a mass-where-used report. Years back I'd put together a UI script, plus some batch scripting to cobble together a web-page report that allows you to see where everything is used - click a link to view the actual where-used-report.

It was a small part of the CADminTools suite (now at http://www.cadmin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CADminTools/ ) - though I could package up the files if you're interested... will take a wee while to make it 'user-friendly' enough for someone else to work with.

Edwin Muirhead
CAD Manager, Weatherford

In Reply to Jim Augeri:

I have tried searching this forum for this and found all sorts of variataions on this theme, but not what I am looking for.

I have been asked if it is possible to get a report out of Intralink showing the usage of all of our common library parts. This would of course include all instances of family table parts; In addition to the consuming assembly(ies), this report could also output the date said assembly was created. And lastly, it could also flag instances of family table items which have NO usage at all. I know, not asking for much! But it seems like this would be a worthwhile report to have, and I don't think anything in the DSMU can do this.

I would presume that such a report would be done directly from the Oracle database using SQL-Plus, but f there is a way to do this right from inside Pro/I, I guess that would be OK as well.

Jim Augeri

Honeywell International

Top Tags