cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Searching for Save-As parts in Windchill?

Bob1
1-Newbie

Searching for Save-As parts in Windchill?

Hi.  I'm using Windchill 10.2.  Suppose I take existing PartA.prt in Creo and using Save-As I create PartB.prt.  Neither part is dependent on the other, but obviously they are somewhat related.  Is there any way to search for this relationship in Windchill?  In other words, can I locate any and all parts that were copied from a specific part?  (i.e. find PartB from the Information of  PartA).  Or can I locate the original part if I have the copy?  (i.e. find PartA from looking at PartB).  Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Bob1)

Sometimes - but I don't think there is a default report for it. It partly depends on how the Save As is performed. I haven't paid enough attention to the Creo Save-As, the Workspace Save-As, and the Commonspace Save-As.  At least one of them creates a Save-As record that is visible in the Commonspace view.

For the ones that do have the info, it must be possible to create a query that returns those results.

Gagan
7-Bedrock

Hello Robert ,

I You did save as from windchill , you can search PartA.,prt from common space ,go to history and click on save as , of course history will be recorded 

vraut-2
1-Newbie

Hello Robert,

As mentioned by Gagan you can look for Save as History to find out saved from or saved to CAD parts.

Save as History is not available by default in History tab but you can add your custom tab and in that Save as History table.Capture.PNG

Top Tags