cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Searching for a CN

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Searching for a CN

I want to ask if I being too unrealistic with something.  Say I am searching for a Change Notice.  That Change Notice has a CAD file on the notice's Affected Objects or Resulting Objects tables but not listed in any of the Change Notice's attribute.  Is it too much to ask that when I search for the CAD file that the CN will display in the search results?

I know that I can get there easily enough.  At one point I thought this was the case with a previous version of PDMLink.  I don't know if it happened to be that what I was searching for is in one of the Change Notice's attributes or not.

It would also be helpful to get a search results list of related CN's AND CR's of a file.  I know I can get a list of all CN's from the Authorization column in the History table but it would be better to get it in once place in the search results table.

I could also write a report and make it available to the user's.  But everyone is used to the keyword searching.  Besides, that might be a little beyond my abilities.

I put in a call to PTC and they said it is working per specification.

1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:STEVEG)

So, as things are Search is for only the CR/CN.  In general, Reports are the answer to what you pose as the need.  Query Builder Reports, possibly presented thru Cognos or other, allow exactly as stated, including being able to enter the CAD or other data as the criteria.  Lots of change-related reports already exist.  In general, the data on a change would never be stored as attribute values on the change object itself.

Top Tags