cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Selecting to open viewable in Creo View - from workspace

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Selecting to open viewable in Creo View - from workspace

For only some users, for a CAD Doc in a workspace or in commonspace, selecting the viewable image from within the browser inside CAD (either Creo Parametric or SolidWorks WGM) results in nothing.  Actions, Open in, Creo View is grayed out.  For other users, this works perfectly.

No help from tech support on what may be causing this difference.

Ideas?

thanks

shown below is on my machine which works - for others, no effect from selecting the image and Open in Creo View is grayed out.

6 REPLIES 6

I usually disable Creo Parametric and 3D thumbnails, Windchill pages load more faster.

How to disable Creo Parametric thumbnail when viewing CAD document's details page in the embedded browser from Windchill PDMLink

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS61508

What release and build of Windchill?

What release and build of Creo Parametric?

Do all the users have the same release and build of Creo Parametric?

What release and build of Windchill? 10.2 M030 CPS 14

What release and build of Creo Parametric? 3.0 M060 (2/3 of users); M110 (1/3 of users, soon to be all)

Do all the users have the same release and build of Creo Parametric?

Affects at least one each of users on both M060 and M110.

Well then you don't have the issue of needing at least Creo Parametric 3.0 M100 for Windchill 11.0 M010 and its new pvagent.exe process like I had.

I would try the following

• switching the config.pro option windows_browser_type on the affected users and see if that does anything
  • removing the local workspace cache and re-registering the Windchill server

You didn't say what version of Creo View these users had. Might try updating to the latest supported by Windchill 10.2 M030 cps14. (Creo View 4.0 maybe??)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh  - it's because I'm on chromium_browser and I've set it for a few users.  That's it.  We're going to switch everyone over.

thanks

I am running everybody with chromium_browser. However there are a couple of things to keep in mind. If Creo Parametric crashes (of course this never happens...) the creoagent.exe process and related zbcefr.exe processes will be left running. Quite frequently this leads to embedded browser issues sometime during the life of the next session of Creo Parametric that is fired up.

Your affected users that are running IE might not have the ugly Microsoft hack "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" turned off:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS203757

Top Tags