cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Sending feedback to non-Windchill user, PR workflow

KarlWennerholm
1-Newbie

Sending feedback to non-Windchill user, PR workflow

In our problem report workflow feedback is sent to a bunch of people. Some of them are not Windchill users and the only information available is an email adress collected from an problem report attribute. At the moment we transfer this attribute (email) to a workflow variable and use a seperate java class to send mail feedback. This approach is working, most of the time. My question is, could this be done with the OOTB notificaiton robot. It seems to be a variables button in the interface, see image, could this store an email adress?

notifyRobot2.png

If this isn't possible, maybe a temporary user could be created and the email adress added to this one.

Really thankfull if anyone has any tips on how to approach this problem. Please let me know if my description needs to be elaborated.

We are on Windchill 10.1.

BR

1 REPLY 1
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:KarlWennerholm)

Hi Karl,

The following article may be helpful here. Only certain types of variables are available for the Recipients tab:

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS187101

Top Tags