cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Serious Wildfire 5 M170+ family table issue with replace asm via interchange group

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Serious Wildfire 5 M170+ family table issue with replace asm via interchange group

PDMLink 9.1 M070
Wildfire 5.0 M170+ (includes M180, M190, and M200)

We have discovered the following issue with Wildfire 5 M170+ and PDMLink 9.1 M070. I have also reproduced this issue with

* Wildfire 5 M170+ and Windchill 10.1 M040
  * Creo 2.0 M070 (I haven't tried any earlier builds of Creo 2.0) and Windchill 9.1 M070, Windchill 10.1 M040

Issue:
Modification by Pro/Engineer Wildfire 5.0 M170+ of a family table, containing components being replaced (with an assembly) via an interchange groupchanges the component name to an asterik after saving to the workspace.

These are the conditions affected

1. assembly family table
2. you have a component (to be replaced) column
3. the component doing the replacing is an assembly
      * prts are not affected
4. the replacing is via an interchange group

Steps to reproduce:

1. open thefamily table in WF5 M170+
2. make some changes
3. save to the workspace
4. erase from session
5. reopen from workspace
6. the componentname(s)that meet the above conditions (asm via interchange) have been changed to an '*'

This screenshot shows the family table with the correct component name (814-265C[.asm] in this case).
family table correct

This screenshot shows the family table after saving to workspace, erasing from session, and the reopening. Note that 814-265C has been (silently) changed to '*'.
family table corrupted

I opened a call with PTC yesterday however there has not yet been an SPR filed.

--
1 REPLY 1

Update: I have discovered the issue is not actually limited to the component doing the replacing being an assembly. It actually happens when the component doing the replacing is not the same type as the component being replaced. ie prt or asm.

If the component being replaced is a prt then replacing components that are asm get changed to '*'. If the component being replaced is an asm then replacing components that are prt get changed to '*'.

Top Tags