cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Server Management - Start online by default

AD_9429474
4-Participant

Server Management - Start online by default

I'm using Creo 5 with Windchill 11 and when I open Creo, type in my Windchill username/password, I always have to navigate to "Server Management", right-click on the server and un-check the "work offline" box. Does anyone know how to have Windchill automatically start online when it opens? I've talked with other folks in the office and theirs automatically starts online and they never need to go to server management and un-check that "work offline" box. We are all using/connecting to the same server. I understand it's not a long process to go to Server Management and just un-check that box but was curious as to why I need to and theirs is online by default.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AD_9429474)

Try this line in your config.pro:

dm_remember_server yes

AD_9429474
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

I did check that and it is already set at "yes".

I apologize, I meant to put in the original post that I had already set that config option. This was my very first post.

AD_9429474
4-Participant

Additional Info:

I did try deleting the server from Server Management. I then closed Creo and reopened. When I reopened, the server was automatically re-added and I was also already online. Just to make sure it stuck I closed down Creo again and reopened. I then went back to Server Management and it was back to being offline.

rhart
14-Alexandrite

Hi @AD_9429474

Do you have a setting in your wgmclient.ini file that's preventing creo/wwgm from connecting automatically, like this one perhaps?

2021-07-29_164009.png

Maybe just compare the file with your colleague in the office who doesn't have the issue.

AD_9429474
4-Participant
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart 

Once I found the file I was able to confirm that mine was set to "yes". I'll still take a look at someone else's file to see how theirs compares. I definitely appreciate the tip though. I'm still digging through other files to see what similar settings I can find.

AD_9429474_0-1627578264797.png

Top Tags