cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Set State not showing

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Set State not showing

I am trying to give a user Set State permissions of a document,  but it is not showing in his Actions drop down list.

If I open the information page for that document, logged in as the user, and then Edit Access Control, the screen comes up with his name and a list of permissions. Set State is not listed. If I then select the icon for View Access information, it shows that Members have Set State permission set by policy. In the top portion of the screen, it shows that under the Granted permissions is +Set State.

I have restarted Windchill after modifying the permissions, but that makes no difference.

Windchill 12.0.2 CPS10.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @BenLoosli 

Try to use jcaDebug=1 to show the bugs why the set state is not shown. In the dropdown menu should be seen the validator that does not allow to show the action.

Also check if the lifecycle template contains the set state transition to do so. 

There is a condition that user needs a acl access to do the set state and also the lifecycle template needs to be configured to allow the set state from specific state to next one. 

If you add a administration acl rule to the user then the transition is not needed in the lifecycle but this access allows to set state to anyone state in the LC

PetrH

Did you check the user's license? 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I have checked the profiles that are created when a license is applied. We also have a local profile for PDMLink users. All profiles have Set State as a valid option objects in Products and Libraries.

The lifecycle state used by objects in the Library have Set State allowed for objects at the Design state (the default for new objects) and the Pre-Release state, used when we transition from alpha to numeric revisioning.

Where do I put the jcaDebug=1 to show where things may not be coming through the way we want them to?

Hi @BenLoosli 

The debug mode is activated if the jcaDebug=1  is added to the end of http address. 

you need to add a & befor the jcaDebug=1  so an example

https://abcdefghij.eu.cz/Windchill/app/#ptc1/product/listFiles?ContainerOid=OR%3Awt.pdmlink.PDMLinkProduct%3A71226&oid=OR%3Awt.folder.Cabinet%3A75660&folderNavigatorParameter=true&u8=1&jcaDebug=1

HelesicPetr_0-1691735691704.png

PetrH

Top Tags