cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Set State of Resulting Objects back to In Work

IanW
6-Contributor

Set State of Resulting Objects back to In Work

How do I use a robot to set the state of my resulting objects back to In Work.  The Lifecycle only allows the transition from In Work to Under Review, but on a rework loop they need to be set back to In Work to be updated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:IanW)

Hi @IanW 

First you should know how the Lifecycle works and how is it configured . Usually it depends on company needs. 

You can modify Lifecycle template to allow users to change the state from one state to another . 

Also a revise operation usually set the state to inwork for modifying the object with new revision. 

Customization guide describes some customization of workflow for rework task

/WindchillCustomizationGuide_12_1_0_0 page 1314

HelesicPetr_0-1693321312178.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:IanW)

Hi @IanW 

First you should know how the Lifecycle works and how is it configured . Usually it depends on company needs. 

You can modify Lifecycle template to allow users to change the state from one state to another . 

Also a revise operation usually set the state to inwork for modifying the object with new revision. 

Customization guide describes some customization of workflow for rework task

/WindchillCustomizationGuide_12_1_0_0 page 1314

HelesicPetr_0-1693321312178.png

PetrH

IanW
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank you, I was able to add a Refine and Review transition to the workflow and a Rework State for the transition.  It worked beautifully!

Ian

Top Tags