cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Shared Workspace

keithschm
1-Newbie

Shared Workspace

Team-

We are allowing an outside vendor to upload some items to their workspace.Is there a way to create a shared workspace so I can have another user do the check-in? I can always log-in as the vendor and do the check-in, but was wondering if there is a better way? are there shared workspaces? What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

May want to look at Portable Workspaces. It's been a while since I played with them, but I think this may do what you are looking for.

Essentially you send off a pro/e workspace to some external  partner. They do work. They send that workspace back, you can then choose what you want to put back into windchill.

Steve D.

I thought there was a shared workspace that multiple users could use. So I guess the best way is to just login as that person.

A "shared workspace" with an outside vendor usually points to the use of ProjectLink as an external collaboration sandbox. This provides a shared space with "lightweight"project-based access control, iteration historyandadd-hoc review workflows. Because you are actually checking in data from workspaces, the information gets captured and, if set up correctly, you get lightweightviewables that can by used for reviews/markups by both internal/external users. Once you are finished with the WIP development with the vendor, you can then move the finalizeddata into the formally-change-managed PDMLinkenvironment...

Top Tags