cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Show/Hide Documents in Structure Default

ptc-5125490
1-Newbie

Show/Hide Documents in Structure Default

Right now 10.1 by default hides all the reference documents attached to a part when viewing the structure and you have to right click and select show/hide related information and select documents for them to show up in the structure as children of the particular part they are referenced by.

Is there a way to have them by default be shown in the structure without having to click that show/hide deal?

5 REPLIES 5
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:ptc-5125490)

There is no preference to control this behavior out of the box. I suggest creating an Idea to have this considered for a future release.

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:LoriSood)

Link to an existing idea that is close http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4111

(sidebar - PTC if you're listening it would be great if you could improve the Search functionality in the Community. It took me way longer to find the idea than it should have and at that I only found it when I started creating one. Being able to search on Ideas within a Community (e.g. Windchill) would greatly improve usability)

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member
(To:kpritchard)

Thanks! I just voted for it: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4111

Al

Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm in 9.1 and I feel like this was discussed before. It would be nice to have it set to stay on the Show Documents so it doesn't always have to be clicked to expand that.

AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member
(To:vedderkris)

I would like this too. Make it an idea and I'll vote for it. Basically, it would be nice to have the document and other show/hide options set up like the Saved Filters where you can set up a set of choices, save them, and set one as default either for the system, or for a user, like the BOM Filter. I know its a bit different, but we have the same desire to have those display by default. In our case, however, we want CAD Documents to show by default, not just "Documents."

Al

Top Tags