cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Show URL of latest Iteration of WTDocuments

klakshminarayan
4-Participant

Show URL of latest Iteration of WTDocuments

Hello All,

I'm creating a Query Build Report where i need to display a column to show the URL of the details page of the latest iteration of WTDocuments. Is there a way to show this in Query Build Report or any other way to generate the report or URL.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kiran Lakshminarayanan

5 REPLIES 5

Select the root object.
This results in a concatenated value depending on object type (e.g. Number, Name, Version) and a hyperlink to the object's details page in the report output.
Can do this for multiple types in a single report.

[cid:image001.png@01CF1CD9.690B1A50]

[cid:image002.png@01CF1CD9.AAF13850]

Limiting to latest is separate; needs to be applied via criteria.

KiranLakshminarayanan,

See attached QML to generate URL for document.

Hope this helps !!!!

Thanks,

Mike,

I was able to generate the report showing the URL of the latest Iteration of Latest Revision. When I Revise a WTDocument and click on the hyperlink from older report, it takes me to the previous Revision of that WTDocument. I'm trying to see if there is a common hyperlink for that particular WTDocument so it always takes me to the latest version of that WTDocument without having to generate the report everytime when a WTDocuments is Revised or Iterated.

Is there any other way to achieve this. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kiran Lakshminarayanan

By definition, the report returns what is in place at the time of running the report, so the Revised version is returned. Does not seem that one would want it to behave any different from this.

If you run a report with links and preserve it, it needs to be labeled as "this is what was in effect as of this timestamp; there may be later versions."

////

Pro/E Guys,

I am trying to copy an assembly and the window where I rename the files is
somewhat "unmanageable." I cannot see the bottom of that window. I believe
that is where the release options are to actually finalize the save as
command.

Help!

Mike Locascio

Top Tags