cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Show only latest version in DTI? (Windows explorer)

ptc-4740785
1-Newbie

Show only latest version in DTI? (Windows explorer)

We're starting to use the Windows explorer integration of DTI and several users find this much more user friendly than the web interface. However, we'd like to know if it's possible to configure DTI to show only the latest versions in Explorer as opposed to the default behavior which is to show all versions.

Thanks!

Patrick Dubois

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4740785)

Yes, we have implemented a server property at Windchill 10.2 to show either ALL revisions (current capability) or LATEST revisions (new capabiltiy) for PDM contexts. The server property is a temporaty measure until we complete the second phase of reusable folder views that support filtering (including Revisions). Goal is to release that with 10.2 M010, but it might slip to 10.2 M020. Unfortunately, we have not implemented any changes for 10.0 or 10.1 which will always show LATEST revisions from a PDM context.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4740785)

Yes, we have implemented a server property at Windchill 10.2 to show either ALL revisions (current capability) or LATEST revisions (new capabiltiy) for PDM contexts. The server property is a temporaty measure until we complete the second phase of reusable folder views that support filtering (including Revisions). Goal is to release that with 10.2 M010, but it might slip to 10.2 M020. Unfortunately, we have not implemented any changes for 10.0 or 10.1 which will always show LATEST revisions from a PDM context.

Hi Scott,

If I understand correctly, the  default "View" in the Windows explorer (with DTI enabled) is "Default", and this works like a Windows default view showing all the file versions. Now to see the latest versions of the files (Documents), the user should manually change it as any of the Windchill Views (The ALL view works for us).

My question is:

Are you saying that you have over come this issue by a server property in 10.2?

We use PDMLink 10.2 M020.

I will be happy if you share me the property setting , as this issue haunts the usability of the system.

Best Regards

Hari Varadharajan

Sure, details are included in this CS Article.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS36087

Top Tags