cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Silly Revision / Version question

Peter1
1-Newbie

Silly Revision / Version question

Hello all,

I have a silly question about Windchill and Revisions and Versions. I have been going back and forth with PTC help but not 100% why no one seems to understand my picky question.

Here's the scenario:

If you have a CAD part file with Revision 1.3, let's say, but it could be 1.any number.

You check it out and Revise it to 2.0. (plus you might need to revise to trip the Life Cycle to an editable state) Then make some modifications because Windchill won't let you check back in an unmodified part and really why would you Revise if you didn't do a modification.

Once you check back in, the file gets bumped a version to 2.1 not matter what.

So, that means a Rev/Ver of 2.0 will never exist in Commonspace? For some reason I feel that Intralink didn't work this way, but maybe I am remembering it wrong. It's not a huge deal, but seems silly to me that 2.0 doesn't exist.

Let me know if my thinking is totally off on this one!

Thanks everyone.

Peter

1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Peter1)

Immediately after you Revise, the file is there in "commonspace" but is an exact copy of what was revised. So, the 2.0 for example is "wasted."

Top Tags