cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Site Administration example for determining attributes for a part and where they are displayed.

PS_9475867
4-Participant

Site Administration example for determining attributes for a part and where they are displayed.

Can anyone provide an example for how the Assembly Mode attribute can be set as mandatory/optional and how to decide where the attributes are displayed in PDM Essentials?

Below is what I see in the Types and Attributes Utility that imply I should see the Assembly Mode as an attribute on a part or assembly but I do not see it.

PS_9475867_0-1645816240386.png

PS_9475867_2-1645816583863.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @PS_9475867 

The Layout Tab is a right place to configure where the attribute should be shown.

HelesicPetr_0-1646035845463.png

Also the Assembly Mode is always required. 

HelesicPetr_1-1646036207602.png

Best Regards

PetrH

Thanks for the info confirming how to manage the attribute, but can you tell me where the user would see it?

I cannot see the attribute on recently created parts. Example below and pardon, I should have included this in the original post.

PS_9475867_0-1646236625176.png

Hi @PS_9475867 

In the tab Layout is a menu laout where are several types places where are the attributes shown. 

Detail page, Creation wizard page, Structure page atc...

Each option has defined value in a screen type window

For EPMDocument creation wizard can be set to show your attributes in the creation wizard. (only in html creation wizard)

HelesicPetr_0-1646237888551.png

PetrH

On the Layout tab, you need to select one or more layouts (Create / Edit / Primary Attributes, etc.) and for each, select whether the attribute is shown or not.  Note: There is also a selection on each for whether to not display if the value is blank.

Hello @MikeLockwood 

There is one issue. Parameter Assembly mode is set on WTPart object not on EPM Document object

If so you need to go to WTPart detail page and check the value.

PetrH

Top Tags