cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Site / Org Admin View Another User's Workspace?

akelly
11-Garnet

Site / Org Admin View Another User's Workspace?

Is there a way for the site admin / org admin to see what workspaces a user has and see the contents of those workspaces?

Andrew Kelly, P.E. | Senior Engineer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics | +1 440 326 5555 | F: +1 440 284 1090

2 REPLIES 2
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:akelly)

More info on the background...

We moved all CAD Documents in "Product A" to "Product B", then I deleted all team members from "Product A" and renamed "Product A" to 're-use me".

"user 1" had a workspace associated with "Product A" ("re-use me"). Since he isn't a member of "re-use me", Pro/Engineer tells him that he doesn't have access to that workspace any more.

He is a member of "Product B", so he still has access to the context where all of his CAD Documents are located, it's just that he can't access his Pro/Engineer workspace any more. We assume that the workspace still exists somewhere since you can't delete a product.
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:akelly)

We use a simple Query builder for this - sample attached. Run it with no username and it returns all. Enter a user name and it returns workspaces for just that user. Select Sorting and Merging when using a web page output.

The result includes a hyperlink to each workspace - as admin you can go right to each workspace and take needed action.

Contact me separately if you would like more info.

Being able to report on this type of thing is something that we have invested quite a lot in this year and it pays off every day.

Top Tags