cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Slow scrolling in Wildfire 3

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Slow scrolling in Wildfire 3

How can I improve scroll performance in workspaces with 100's of objects, in the embedded browser in Pro/E?

Now that we have deployed Windchill Intralink 9.1, users are complaining that scrolling is extremely slow.

I've searched PTC's knowledgebase, and they indicate that using the embedded Mozilla browser is the best solution.
However, it appears that this requires a later release of Wildfire.
We are currently using WIldfire 3, but do intend to upgrade to Wildfire 5 (CE Pro 5).

PTC also has a bunch of TPI's & TAN's on this subject, but it's not clear as to which ones have the best practical impact.

Any advice?

Gerry

3 REPLIES 3

Here are some config options I have deployed to my users:

dm_http_compression_level 3

dm_network_request_size 1000000

dm_network_threads 6

If you guys start getting the below message you need to add a DWORD to the registry see the Microsoft link. We started getting the message in workspaces over 2000 objects.

These settings are very powerful. We've found that the optimum varies by workstation and their connectivity - even within our building, but especially LAN vs WAN (consistent with what PTC publishes on this).
Need to do a few simple designed experiments - with a standard data set and procedure.

Thanks to everyone that replied.
Lots of great advice out there.
I have implimented many of your recommendations, and we are already seeing improvements.

I could use some more advice.
Our remote (WAN) users still need perfromance improvement.
The main problem is the time it takes to load a Windchill web page.
Things like searching are very quick, but it takes 6-10 seconds to display the results, whereas our local users see the display in 1-2 seconds.
Similalrly, adding files to workspace is quick, but displaying them is very slow.
This is ocurring both inside of Pro/E as well as outside (Internet Explorer).

Info: We have a mix of mostly 64-bit and a few 32-bit users, all running Windows XP (or x64) at the latest service pack, and patched updates monthly.
Nearly all have Internet Explorer 8, while a few have 7.
Wildfire 3 m240 with Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060.
McAfee Enterprise 8.8.

Gerry

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

How can I improve scroll performance in workspaces with 100's of objects, in the embedded browser in Pro/E?

Now that we have deployed Windchill Intralink 9.1, users are complaining that scrolling is extremely slow.

I've searched PTC's knowledgebase, and they indicate that using the embedded Mozilla browser is the best solution.
However, it appears that this requires a later release of Wildfire.
We are currently using WIldfire 3, but do intend to upgrade to Wildfire 5 (CE Pro 5).

PTC also has a bunch of TPI's & TAN's on this subject, but it's not clear as to which ones have the best practical impact.

Any advice?

Top Tags