cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

SolidWorks Drawings in PDF / Creo Viewabales

svs
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

SolidWorks Drawings in PDF / Creo Viewabales

How can I ensure that my SolidWorks Drawings are publihsed both as PDF & Creo Viewables . I need this becuase I need to markup for the drawings in Creo View as well as ensure my puchase accesses the PDF Drawings to print id required. I think in oroder to do markups on PDF , I need a PDF Review Licnese,

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:svs)

It does not look to be possible to publish SoildWorks drawings simultaneously as HPGL and PDF. However, we are looking to include support for additional SolidWorks file types for the Publish Rules in 10.2. This would allow you to publish as HPGL via the worker and then as PDF via a publish rule.

Alternatively, you may be able publish to PDF and mark up the PDF if you use Adobe LiveCycle and enable Reader Extension support. Refer to "WVS Adobe LiveCycle Server Integration" topic (starting on p. 142 )in the Windchill Visualization Services Guide, CS108621 and CS22201 for more information.

As a side note, I was not able to get SolidWorks drawings to reliably publish as HPGL files. PTC told me this was a known issue, they didn't have a current work around, and suggested that I only publish the files as a PDF. I don't know if you have had this issue as well. If I remember correctly, the drawing would "publish", but the image would appear to be upside down, or mirror imaged, and much of the geometry would be missing.

Top Tags