cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

SolidWorks Toolbox Parts / Windchill

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

SolidWorks Toolbox Parts / Windchill

I'm now working on our standard purchased parts...

For SolidWorks, we have some parts modeled in-house, stored in a Library. Doesn't seem very optimized.  Have been studying and playing with Toolbox. Pretty slick actually.  Working perfectly so far.  Looks like we'll go this way instead of modeling parts on our own.

Would like to compare notes w/anyone currently using SolidWorks Toolbox parts stored in Windchill - especially if you have a shared network Toolbox location.

2 REPLIES 2

I know this has been almost two years since you have posted this, but have you had any success using the Toolbox to create your hardware?  We've followed the links provided by PTC (linked below) and had it working for a short time, but now anytime we add hardware, it doesn't either silently check in the new hardware, or add existing hardware (ones used before) to an active workspace from the Solidworks Toolbox Library.

http://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/whc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WWGMSWAdvTechSolidToolboxSetup.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:AndrewBa)

Since my original posting we have backed off using Toolbox parts, pending really getting confidence.

Seems to completely depend on every designer handling every Toolbox part a specific way on every check in (not yet sure - haven't touched in a while).

Still would very much like to find anyone who is using in production and compare notes.

Top Tags