cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Solidworks PDM Link Licenses

RJFRIC
4-Participant

Solidworks PDM Link Licenses

Hello,

I've recently taken up the position of Administrator for Windchill PDM Link.  One of the things I've ran into since taking on this position is related to licensing.  We currently use Creo, Inventor, and Solidworks cad tools and have the required PDM Licenses for Solidworks and Inventor users.  Is it true that we also need to have a light or heavy user licenese for each of the Solidworks/Inventor users?

Thanks for your help

RJ

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RJFRIC)

Every user that creates content in Windchill needs a heavy license. This includes all cad users and others who may put documents into Windchill. If they are only viewing Windchill content, then they need a light user license.

boemi
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben, sorry for asking detail questions, if we own the "workgroup manager for solid works", is there a WC heavy user license included? Thank you for your feedback. Regards, Marc
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:boemi)

What user license come with a workgroup manager license would be better asked of a VAR or PTC sales directly as it may vary by company contract. I only use Creo here, so the WGM is included with Windchill and we do pay for user licenses.

boemi
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you Ben
Top Tags