cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Sorting Columns in Windchill

CR_9888056
9-Granite

Sorting Columns in Windchill

Within Windchill, I've been trying to sort a column full of dates to show the most recent ones to the oldest ones. For unknown reasons, the dates are not sorting correctly. It seems whenever I sort the column, the dates just get randomly mixed up. (See attached for example)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:CR_9888056)

avillanueva_0-1720715186800.png

If the "show in Groups" is checked, it could impact sorting. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

I am confused. The image you attached is a sorted list. It looks proper and not mixed up. I have seen sometimes you need to ungroup things first to get a proper sort. 

Sorry for the confusion, I just posted the snapshot for reference. It wasn't from the particular column in question.

I don't follow on the ungrouping comment. Could you clarify what you mean?

Thanks,

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

avillanueva_0-1720715186800.png

If the "show in Groups" is checked, it could impact sorting. 

Actually I've never used the grouping function before and this is the first time I've heard of it.. It does look like a nice function to clean up your rows and columns. I did notice one thing that the "Task for Change Process" area under the "Process" tab doesn't have the grouping function available.

Hi @CR_9888056,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina

Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator

Another question would be did you wait for the table to fully populate on the page? If you sort or group before the table is fully populated, you will get mixed results. 

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. below. 'll try the different suggestions and see if it helps.

Top Tags