cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Spam: Republish on state Change

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Spam: Republish on state Change

Yes, The standard server-side watermarks. Nothing custom.
This was the primary subject of my presentation in Orlando last June by the way.

[cid:image001.png@01CBDE6F.410CB8C0]

2 REPLIES 2

Questions,
I just looked at your talk again. (by the way, my best presenter award is listed just above yours).

· Are watermarks and overlay’s only available in hpgl or hpgl2 mode? I don’t see them in pdf’s.

· Do you use the built in line weights available in hpgl2 mode?

· How do you get different watermark formats for Models & Drawings? Or do you use the same one?

· If you want to send the drawing off site, how do you get a version that has the watermark in it. The ProE drawing file doesn’t have that information, and the watermarks are only visible inside of ProductView.
David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

Yes – Only available in hpgl, not PDF. Major reason not to publish to PDF (the other reason is Drawing Overlay).

We have a slightly configured pen map table – didn’t take too much to get the line weights right.

In general, we don’t watermark models, just drawings (note – we pay extra for Document Collaboration Option in order to be able to treat all Word doc’s just like Drawings by publishing them also and requiring watermarks on them also.

We require that all documents / drawings from Windchill have a watermark in order to do business with them. In general, users create a PDF from the watermarked image seen in ProductView, as a ProductView command as needed. Results:

- As published, all ProductView content has all ProductView tools available for use, interrogation, etc.

- All documents used outside Windchill are both in PDF format and traceable to an exact Windchill document / drawing iteration, with the state identified. Our buyers and others who deal with outside parties do this as a matter of course now.

Top Tags