cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

State based versioning scheme with Automatic Revision Mode

Boopathy
8-Gravel

State based versioning scheme with Automatic Revision Mode

we have a State based versioning scheme with 2 different version d1,d2,d3 are from in-work to pilot and OR, A,B,C,E. are for after released.

with the help of Automatic Revision Mode we achieved this revision but in lifecycle we marked inwork (sop inwork) for revise.

so it is not going to targeted state released (SOP). it is revised and move to (sop inwork).

anyone kindly do the needful.

image (1).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Boopathy)

Hi @Boopathy 

I've replied in other thread 

Hi @Boopathy 

This is a way how it works. 

Auto Revision is activated in the target promotion state, and how the revision is set then the new revision is in the target revise state.

So if you need that the autorevision finish in the SOP state, then you need some midle state where the promotion promote the objects and autorevision is activated and the result new revision will finish in the SOP state. 

If you need a argument that this is the easiest way how to achieve that final Released object will be with new revision label and it stays in the real released state and the most important point is that you can revise from released state to inwork. 

I have had experience where the autorevision was used from Released state to Released state. On the first view it worked, but change process needed Set State from Released state to in-work because you can define just one revise transition from one state. Thanks that I have always argument why to use the "midle" state for autorevision.

HelesicPetr_0-1693898721652.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Boopathy)

Hi @Boopathy 

I've replied in other thread 

Hi @Boopathy 

This is a way how it works. 

Auto Revision is activated in the target promotion state, and how the revision is set then the new revision is in the target revise state.

So if you need that the autorevision finish in the SOP state, then you need some midle state where the promotion promote the objects and autorevision is activated and the result new revision will finish in the SOP state. 

If you need a argument that this is the easiest way how to achieve that final Released object will be with new revision label and it stays in the real released state and the most important point is that you can revise from released state to inwork. 

I have had experience where the autorevision was used from Released state to Released state. On the first view it worked, but change process needed Set State from Released state to in-work because you can define just one revise transition from one state. Thanks that I have always argument why to use the "midle" state for autorevision.

HelesicPetr_0-1693898721652.png

PetrH

Hi Helesic,

thanks for the time,

if possible anyone can work with code customization.

Top Tags