cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Stop Orders

rhart
14-Alexandrite

Stop Orders

When we have a change request pending and the parts are being made we need to stop manufacturing/procurement until the changes are resolved. In the past we used paperwork called a Stop Order, to let the planners/buyers know, and so they could put things on hold.

How do you deal with these scenarios in Windchill?

3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhart)

Two suggestions.

1. A Buyer  / Planner group could be subscribed to "New Change Request" objects. They would need to take action and coordinate.

2. A Report could be created for "New Change Request" (or a Change Request reaching a certain approval state), and then a Data Monitor set up to run automatically daily and distribute the result to any number of users. The Data Monitor should have a threshold of 1, so it wouldn't run if there are none on any given day.

There could be a process within Windchill (possibly using a workflow) that the buyer / planners used to coordinate.

Could also have the buyer/planners use Action Items associated with Change Requests (which can be reassigned), to track / ensure the needed actions on each.

fun puzzles 🙂

rhart
14-Alexandrite
(To:MikeLockwood)

Good answers, thank you 

ZY_10202372
5-Regular Member
(To:rhart)

Good day, 

In my understanding stopping orders should be managed in ERP, not Windchill. 

My questions: 

1. What ERP does your company use? 

2. How did you define the ECN participants?

I think it can be like this: 

a. Make sure manufacturing and supply chain can have access to Windchill ECN, when change requests come out they'll be notified via mail automatically. 

b. Maybe procurement and manufacturing should be included in change related Windchill tasks.

c. Who controls the ERP master data? When change comes out, someone should change ERP master data so that sales orders / procurement / manufacturing orders can be blocked. 

Top Tags