cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Strange Search Behavior from Pro/E Navigator in 9.0 M060

BrianSullivan
9-Granite

Strange Search Behavior from Pro/E Navigator in 9.0 M060

Hello.

Seeing Incorrect behavior from Search in Pro/Engineer 4.0 M70 with PDMLink 9.0 M060. Has anyone seen this behavior? Where Search returns every file a user can see? instead of a single answer?

User Process:
Pro/E Navigator Search (Simple Search Page)

1. Search for 3afc0112.prt. Finds 3 files (a,b,c)
2. Search for 3afc0112* Finds 6 files (Part plus its drawing)
3. Saved as Search, "My_Simple_Search"
4. Select the Advanced Search Page in the Navigator
5. Create a Criteria Search for Material set to "Plastic" (Finds 3afc0112.prt only)
6. Save as Search "My Advanced Search"
7. Go to my "My_Simple_Search" Run search in 3afc0112* and it returns (4300+ files)

What is interesting is that the Web Browser Search always gives the correct results. And after a little back and forth the Navigator Simple Search will give the correct results, but then the Advanced Search will give (4300+ files)

Anyone Run across this?

Brian Sullivan

PS
1. On Read Access Question Summary (Final response was 8.0 Functioned Properly, 9.0 is broken resolved at 9.0 M070. No Temp Patch expected)

2. On Date Mismatch Issue. There is a solution and I will respond to its thread. It resolves Dates in both AutoCAD WGM and Pro/E WGM. By allowing Short Date Format.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags