cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Subscriptions

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Subscriptions

In general, we ensure that appropriate users are notified of changes to various documents as follows: a)Put documents / drawingsof interest in certain folders. b) Set up subscriptions on events in those folders to various user Groups c) Manage which users are in which groups.

This of course reqiures a lot of adminstration, but so far has been managable, and is far, far better than having zillions of individual subscriptions.

For step (a) above, ensuring what folder various objects go into, we'd like to get a bit better at this by somehow using OIR's with branching. note: We use manual numbering for all documents / drawings, with prefixes that we can key on.

Question: With manual numbering, is there a way to use the constraints in OIR's to branchthespecified folder (essentially a case statement) based on some part of the Number?

thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,
Is there a way to create subscription for a particular Object type(Problem Report in this case) lifycycle state change for ALL context? I do not see a way to create subscription for multiple contexts. I can only create subscription by each product/library.

Thanks,
Preeti

Preeti,

Insted of subscription rules,you can try with notification rules.You can create notification rule from policy administration at organization level so that by default it will be automatically applies to all products and library.

Thanks,

Shreyas

Using this Notification method from Policy Administration, is there any way to provide a more meaningful output, something more like a subscription email? Is there a way to control time of delivery? (ie. at a scheduled time vs. immediate)

I have the same request.

Our users needs to say when someone creates a new version view or modify some attribute.

This is possible by using subscriptions, but that way you have to create a subscription for every contest.

In which way you can do same thing with same level of granularity like using policy administration?

Marco

We had almost 100,000 individual subscriptions in the system. Recently, set up a lot of Subscribers - XYZ group, and have gradually converted many subscriptions to the approach shown at the bottom of attached.

Doesn't solve the problem of having to do so for all Products/Libraries where needed, but has solve the problem of transferring to another user.

Notification Policies and subscriptions are both helpful to cover all the needs - these have different "tools."

Something else to consider - as of 10.x, you can use Query Builder Reports in "Monitor" mode to automatically run, and to email certain users a link IF there is any data in the report. Because of this feature, it's essentially acting like a subscription and allows for any criteria to be applied.

Mike,

thanks for the tips.

Marco

Marco

Windchill does allow you to subscribe to many items as once. For instance, you can select multiple folders (at the same level) then pick Subscribe from the Actions menu. The sad part is there is no way to edit the list of subscribed objects later. You can see the list of subscribed objects, but you cannot edit it. Sad. I was hoping to make a team subscription and just update it when ever new folders are created, but I would have to delete the subscription and recreate it every time.

This looks like 10 minutes of work for PTC R&D. Just need std edit functions added to this table.

subscriptionObjects.png 

Top Tags