cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Subtype Visibility Windchill PDMLink10.2

rhermann
4-Participant

Subtype Visibility Windchill PDMLink10.2

I have a client that would like to create a specific subtype of the Promotion request in Windchill PDMLink10.2. They want this Custom Promotion Request Subtype to only be available from a specific Library.

I understand that subtypes are controlled at either the site or the org level and that the ENTIRE org will gain the subtype. This means that if I create the Custom Promotion Request Subtype at the Org level it will be available to all Libraries and Products in that org, not just the single Library we are concerned with.

Anybody have a workaround or solution to only make this subtype available for the single Library we are targeting? (the dropdown list for New Promotion Request should show not only this Custom Promotion Request but also the OOTB Promotion Request)

-Ryan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhermann)

One approach:

- At Org level, create an OIR for the sub type that specifies a non-existant lifecycle template. This keeps it from being created anywhere.

- In the Product/Library context where you want to allow it, create another OIR for the sub type that specifies the desired lifecycle template.

- If it makes sense, in the Product/Library, create another OIR for the parent type that specifies a non-existant lifecycle template; this will allow only the desired sub type to be created in the Product/Library.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhermann)

One approach:

- At Org level, create an OIR for the sub type that specifies a non-existant lifecycle template. This keeps it from being created anywhere.

- In the Product/Library context where you want to allow it, create another OIR for the sub type that specifies the desired lifecycle template.

- If it makes sense, in the Product/Library, create another OIR for the parent type that specifies a non-existant lifecycle template; this will allow only the desired sub type to be created in the Product/Library.

rhermann
4-Participant
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thanks Mike.

This was exactly the behavior I was looking for.

Cheers,

-Ryan

Top Tags