cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Summary: Fresh install of Intralink 3.4 with M070 SP

ptc-478260
1-Newbie

Summary: Fresh install of Intralink 3.4 with M070 SP

Sorry for the late summary. In the end, these are my steps for installing 3.4 M070 on a new VM running on ESXi 3.5 and Windows Server 2003 R2 with all the latest updates. This is to be our final install of 3.4... what we do next as far as data management goes is not decided but we needed to get up to WildFire4.

Tech support graciously informed me that they don't support VMWare, to which I replied 'but you guys use it don't you??' to which they replied 'hahahaha yeah well ummm....'
There was also some fuss about whether we should get M070 rather than M062 as it was not available on the Intralink single site download page, our VAR helped us get the media as they had assured us we would be covered for this build under our current maintenance agreement. I also installed 3.4 M062 following the same procedure but with the appropriate OSA and Intralink Service Pack CD Set. Even for them it was only available under 'multi-site' so I suspect PTC has just neglected to add it to the Single Site download page.

1. Install JDK/JRE 1.5.0_11 installed.

a. Also make sure the path for the Java Bin folder is at the beginning of the Path system variable.

2. Download the following media

a. R3.4 PRO/INTRALINK SERVICE PACK CD SET M070

b. R3.4 PRO/INTRALINK ORACLE SOFTWARE ASSISTANT CD M070

c. R10GR2 ORACLE 10.2.0.1.0 FOR WINDOWS 32 DVD

d. ORACLE 10.2.0.3.0 PATCH SET FOR WINDOWS DVD

3. Saved the Media in the root of C: with short folder names (or the OSA install would fail with the below Java exception):

a. C:\OSA70

b. C:\102010

c. C:\102030

d. C:\34M70 (folder name length doesn't really seem to be a problem for this one, just the OSA and Oracle disks).

4. Ran the OSA installer

5. Installed the Intralink File Server

a. Made sure to set the parameter 7777 for the service

6. Installed the Intralink Data Server

7. Set the following System Variables

a. FV_PORT 7777

b. FS_SYS_PWD fschangeme

c. ORA_SYS_PWD manager

d. PROI_SYS_PWD dschangeme

8. Resized my Oracle tables to accommodate the content from my production server.

a. Issue command 'sqlplus system/manager'

b. SQL> select * from DBA_DATA_FILES;

c. SQL> alter database datafile 'g:\ptc\dataserver\intralink\dbs\databasefile.dbf' resize ####M; (do this for each data file that should be resized based on the size of your data)

d. SQL> select * from DBA_TEMP_FILES;

e. SQL> alter database tempfile 'g:\ptc\dataserver\intralink\dbs\TEMP_01.dbf' resize ####M;

9. Copied my Vaults from my production server to my new server at an appropriate location.

10. Copied my latest dump file from my production server to my new server.

11. Imported my latest dump using the following command;

a. G:\ptc\dataserver\intralink\export>ilink_import.bat manager g:\latest.dmp

12. Used the attached script to alter the name and path to the vaults in the database.

13. Ran Ilink patches;

a. g:\ptc\dataserver\intralink\dbs\ilink_patches\tools>ilink_patches.bat ALL ilnk INTRALINK

14. Ran a missing object report.

Finally I installed the client to test the whole thing alongside WF4 and it all seems to be working. PS, once this is all tested and accepted by my users I will import a fresh dump and vault copy and retire the old server. If I'm missing a step in my instructions please let me know so anyone else looking for this info will have the correct steps.

Cheers!

Ian Bagnald
System Support Analyst Sr.

Focal Technologies Corp.
Moog Inc.
Components Group
Halifax Operation

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags