cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Symbols in drawings, how to identify drawings, where symbol is used

RUK1
6-Contributor

Symbols in drawings, how to identify drawings, where symbol is used

Hello Community, 

I´m looking for a way to find all the drawings, where specific symbol is placed, however when I search for the symbol itself in windchill, there is no refference in Where used nor Related objects. 

Please, is there any way, to search for these drawings, where symbol is placed? 

Thank you in advance for any feedback/idea.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RUK1)

Nothing easy to do that.

ModelCheck can report on symbols used in a drawing.

Compiling the information on all drawings would take a while and then you would need to filter the MC results for the symbol(s) of interest.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Nothing easy to do that.

ModelCheck can report on symbols used in a drawing.

Compiling the information on all drawings would take a while and then you would need to filter the MC results for the symbol(s) of interest.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Are you by any chance indexing the drawings? It might be possible to see if it gets picked up in the index (Solr). One other possibility is to see if the symbol is visible in the drawing file as text when viewed in text editor. This might avoid a jtoolkit app inspection. Last option would be to script something with a macro then have a Creo session call up each one to inspect and report the results. It would be slow (30sec to a min per drawing) but you could let it run to get your answer. This would work if you were looking for a one time answer, not something I would want to repeat often.

Top Tags