Pls suggest on the clarification I have on the Sync Robot defined in WF's
1. I have modified the robot to use Object even but my Initial and Routing expression needs to wait for the Child / Associated part of PBO. Which mean I need to update the parents state based on the state change happening in child. But if I use Object Event , it listens to the PBO and not the child. Also i doont want to use Class event due to the performance constraint.
Pls suggest if any customisation / ideas is feasible to overcome this .
To achieve this (assuming a single child part) you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
1. Create a WF global variable of type wt.part.WTPart.
2. In a WF expression assign the associated part reference to the above mentioned WF global variable.
3. This global variable will appear in Windchill object drop down under Object Event of sync robo.
4. Under routing expression you can specify the state change code for the parent object.
If there are multiple child parts then you will have to synchronize on using Expression, which will execute the routing expression every 60 sec(default setting) to check the child parts state, and if the condition is met change the parent object state too.