cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

System attribute from Creo

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

System attribute from Creo

Hi

As we have attribute in windchill, we have parameter in Creo.... As far as I know, people maps attribute and parameter...

Question is related to system attribute for cad file....one of the attribute is date created.value for the same is default date time at which one has checked in. can we change this from Creo parameter by any chance? Any other way is there to change this or not ?
6 REPLIES 6

Those are locked system parameters and cannot be edited.

It's not editable for creo only or windchill as well ?

I heard that wbm updates value for this system parameter as well.

What is your business case for changing these attributes?

These mark the date/time that specific actions were taken in Creo/Windchill.  If the WBM can set these values, it is because it is bulk loading new objects that assumingly were created at earlier dates in another system.  So their use case remains unchanged.  They mark when the content was actually created.

mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:mmeadows-3)

Also, WBM will be doing it with Java code and/or Info*Engine.  It won't be thru any UI actions.

Same purpose that of wbm...

I am doing bulk check in from Creo and need to maintain actual creation date for cad data rather than date of those being checked in.

Locked for both Creo and Windchill.

WBM is only loading the files and like stated allows a prior date to record accurate historical data. 

If you are doing bulk loading, then set the dates, but loading files interactively will use the date the file is checked in.

I suppose if you needed a legacy date, create a new parameter called Legacy_Created_On and manually populate the field.

Top Tags