cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

The Revise button is not to trifled with, Now I feel dumb

BG_9869104
12-Amethyst

The Revise button is not to trifled with, Now I feel dumb

I had a question come to me of how to release with a change notice straight to production. I have done it before. So I opened a change notice I had on another change request part I was working on to show them. I clicked revise and showed them where you delete the rev # and replace it with a letter and clicked okay to show where to set the release target. Little did I know I had messed up my file at this point I just did not know it yet.

I deleted the resulting and affected objects and cancelled the change notice. I was just demoing for them.

Next day I am ready to work on the object I used as an example. I see right away that the revise from 1>A has taken affect even though I never finished and submitted the change notice. I have found no way to undo the revise...I never intended complete the 1>A revise. It makes very little since to me that the revise takes affect without finishing and submitting the change notice. 

I guess its good to know that if I fat finger a key on the revise window ever that its instant and does not wait for the finish/submit to happen. Fubarred my file helping somebody else. Have to get an admin to set the version label back on my never released part unless there is a hidden place that I can set the version back to 1. 

This does help me understand messed up revision states I see stored as I browse files. Easy to screw up hard to fix. 

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BG_9869104)

The only option you or your admin has is to delete the A revision.

You cannot revise back to a prior revision level.

If the revision A file has not been checked in associated to other files, then it can be deleted as version A.1 is equal to your prior 0.# (last iteration).

The part is in an assembly that has been checked in. So I'll have even more fun fixing this. Well getting an admin to fix it. No good deed...

In general, errant revisions are easy to remove except for a few cases.  If the version is in someone else's workspace, that user needs to remove or an admin can remove it for them. They would just revert to the previous version when the open items. Any CAD models that checked in with the errant revision would still be ok. They only thing that breaks is the as-stored configuration but this again would just retrieve the earlier version.

and don't feel "dumb". Often we have to reverse course since during review, the decide that they do not want a revision change, they want a part number change. Happens all the time.

Top Tags