cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

The new created library is invisible for the users, why and how to modify ?

cguillod
1-Newbie

The new created library is invisible for the users, why and how to modify ?

Hello,

When logged with orgadmin, I create a new library (all DEFAULT) and I can see it.

But all the other normal users cannot see this library.

How to modify this "View access" ?

Subsidiary question: how to delete a library ?

Thanks for your help.

(Windchill PDMLink 9.1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:cguillod)

In general,

As admin, go to a document or other object of interest in that Library and select Manage Security. Examine what all Roles / Groups / Users can currently do. Drill down to the permission statements.

Note that each Product / Library can be independently "enabled" for users to have access via the Context Team (or Shared Team if used).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

In general,

As admin, go to a document or other object of interest in that Library and select Manage Security. Examine what all Roles / Groups / Users can currently do. Drill down to the permission statements.

Note that each Product / Library can be independently "enabled" for users to have access via the Context Team (or Shared Team if used).

As an administrator, click on the tab libray, select the library and then select Team and add users as the access policy.

To view products and libraries, users must belong to one team.

Thanks to all, it works !

Now it remain the problem of how to delete an unused library, but I think it is not possible with Winchill 9.1, no ?

Regards,

Christian

RalfKlusmann
4-Participant

The deletion of context isn't possible in 9.1.

Remove all users from the team and set to privat. Than after that the context isn't visible for all except context manager.

Regards

Ralf

Top Tags