cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

The way Forward

Markh74
9-Granite

The way Forward

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Good day I am new to Windchill and I would like to find out some information regarding Add-ons etc to our windchill. We have the need to configure in Windchill, Product breakdown structures and CAD data. We need to create a Part structure and manage it. Below is what we currently have installed. Release 12.1.2.5 Products Installed Creo View Windchill 2.6.1 REST services Windchill projectlink 12.1.2.1 creo view adapters Windchill 12.1.2.5 service pack Windchill pdmlink 12.1.2.0 windchill 12.1.2.1 info*engine windchill 12.1.2.0 services windchill 12.1.2.0 common base I have been told that we need Model Based Systems Engineering Module as well as aspects of Codebeamer. Can someone Please guide me with more info on this requirement. Regards

Description:

No Problems just looking for info on system functionality.

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Markh74)

Youtube is great for getting the overview you need but you want to stick to more recent videos, something no older than 2 years. Based on what you have, you can support the basics of Part structure and CAD management however it depends more on the licenses you own and their allocation. If you want to get into library part management, classification and supplier management, look at PartsLink and SupplyLink add-ons. If you need to integrate with an ERP system to push BOMS and Parts downstream, there is the ESI modules, either indirect or direct for added cost (TIBCO) and those would be ERP system specific. 

It also sounds like based on MBSE and Codebeamer, you are looking at software and source code management? I know very little about that. You might be able to get a series of web demos from your local PTC rep.

Hello @Markh74

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped  to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags