cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Tiff import in drawing

SwapnilKadu
1-Newbie

Tiff import in drawing

Hello,

I want to import a tiff file in Creo drawing.

I am doing it by;

Object --> Create from File --> Browse the Tiff file

But the tiff file is viewed as empty block & nothing can be viewed except the name of the file. See attached image.

The same tiff file works fine on another Creo machine. So definitely some config setting is missing on my machine.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards,

Swapnil

6 REPLIES 6

This is interesting. I tried it in Creo 2.0 M040 and it did not work. It is something to do with OLE.

What did work is to create a new Paintbrush Picture (which opens "mspaint.exe").

So I suspect that the other systems have a registered OLE related back to the TIF formats.

I tried the old TX1 file, a TIF file, and a JPG file and none worked. Just the newly created one.

I look forward to the answer for how to register the image OLE objects to work here.

Yep, it looks like only .BMP files work by default.

Search teh help files for "about OLE objects"

Can anyone please help me with the above tiff import issue?

I tried to import .bmp files as well but those are also failing & nothing is viewed in the drawing.

Thanks

Swapnil

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:SwapnilKadu)

There's an Idea to fix the horrible import functionality of Creo:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1761

Domingo, Ideas don't necessarily fix problems. These are normally submitted as support cases. Ideas are for enhancements. There is no guarantee that any one idea will ever make it to developers. However, bug and inconsistent behavior out of the norms of "expected" behavior that can be duplicated to the customer service technician will be addressed, either with the cause and solution of the issue or by submitting an SPR to R&D.

I am a strong supporter of Ideas. And the fact that you must be a current maintenance customer to create, view, or vote for Ideas is very limiting. However, it seems to be a weak request for upgrades unlike those made by bigger customers directly to R&D.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

@Antonius You're right, it is pretty weak, but if you create a PTC support case, as I did, the tech will just tell you that this behavior is working to spec and to submit an enhancement request, which are now Ideas. The tech will not submit an SPR. So the more votes it gets, the more likely it will be implemented; that's why I'm trying to drum up support for it.

Weak or not, this is PTC's answer to us smaller companies.

Top Tags