cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Total check out time of a part/assemblies in windchill

BA_10532146
2-Guest

Total check out time of a part/assemblies in windchill

Hi,

Is there any way to view the total check-out time for a part, drawing, or assembly in Windchill? My intention is to approximate the modification time taken for each part or drawing

Thanks

Bony Antony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think these three articles might help you.
An important part of the work is done by the users if, at each check-in, they also use the comment field

Report which gives a list of activities (like check-in, check-out etc) performed through the browser

Is there a way to Search Check in comments for CAD or Documents

How to create report of user checkins?

Marco

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

While it is possible to find the time of check in I am not aware of any metadata that keeps the timestamp from the check out action. I have yet to see any OOTB functionality for this. To me this smells of a customization. It also depends on how disciplined your users are at checking in data immediately after finishing working on it. 

Thank You @buenosroas ,  What I want to find out is an approximate time for each modification. It doesn't need to be extremely accurate. As you said, the Windchill time stamps are not particularly helpful in that regard.

I think that which @Marco_Tosin says about making use of security audit reporting to get to the data you're after is a good approach. At least then you will be able to capture the data that you need. 

I think these three articles might help you.
An important part of the work is done by the users if, at each check-in, they also use the comment field

Report which gives a list of activities (like check-in, check-out etc) performed through the browser

Is there a way to Search Check in comments for CAD or Documents

How to create report of user checkins?

Marco
Top Tags