cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Track the delay in plan with help of Baseline feature.

HB_10697124
2-Guest

Track the delay in plan with help of Baseline feature.

Hello @HelesicPetr  -- Apologies for chiming in between as I am too struggling to understand how baseline exactly work. Here is the scenario. 

Question 1 : Does the baseline works for only Automatic scheduling or it works for Manual too?

Question 2 : Assuming a plan having 4 activities, and project has started by creating a baseline, eventually 2 activities complete on-time and 3 activity got delayed by day. Do I need to create a new baseline now again? 

Question 3 : Now, as activity 3 got delayed, it has impact on activity 4 eventually, how can I track the delay here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HB_10697124 

1. the baseline should work for both. Manual, Automatic execution.

2. Depends what time you want to compare. If it is delayed to start of the project then the first baseline is enough

If you create another baseline it is compered to the time when the baseline has been created.

3. this is complicated. If the pervious task is not updated that the scheduled time is not updated properly so the following tasks are not updated properly.

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @HB_10697124 

1. the baseline should work for both. Manual, Automatic execution.

2. Depends what time you want to compare. If it is delayed to start of the project then the first baseline is enough

If you create another baseline it is compered to the time when the baseline has been created.

3. this is complicated. If the pervious task is not updated that the scheduled time is not updated properly so the following tasks are not updated properly.

PetrH

Hi @HB_10697124,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Top Tags