cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Un-referenced files in cache vault

rhart
15-Moonstone

Un-referenced files in cache vault

I find the amount of un-referenced files in our vaults gradually increasing, I took a week off and came back to find the disk almost full.

I can remove them easily enough but I thought 'Automatic Cleanup' should remove them, the docs talks about creating a rule in the Automated cleanup of replica vaults window?

cleanup.png

"For replica vaults, you can select or clear the Automatic cleanup of older content checkbox. When this checkbox is selected, automatic cleanups are performed on this vault according to the rules and schedule that are specified in the Automated cleanup of replica vaults window."

Where is the window?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:rhart)

@rhart , hi

I think you are referring to the window that opens when you select "Define Content Cleanup Rules".

See image below.

d_graham_0-1644251056528.png

I believe this is the window you are looking for.

d_graham_1-1644251171987.png

FYI, Another way to do this is to write your own class that get scheduled to run at any interval you want.

An advantage of this technique is it allows you to schedule ANYTHING not just removing unreferenced files.

In the image below I created own own Schedule Queue (not required but wanted to keep our custom stuff separated from OOTB Schedule Queues).

We wanted the unreferenced files remove on the weekend (first Saturday of every month) which does not seem possible OOTB.

OOTB you'll notice is limited to intervals in number of days, weeks or months.

d_graham_2-1644251481018.png

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_graham
17-Peridot
(To:rhart)

@rhart , hi

I think you are referring to the window that opens when you select "Define Content Cleanup Rules".

See image below.

d_graham_0-1644251056528.png

I believe this is the window you are looking for.

d_graham_1-1644251171987.png

FYI, Another way to do this is to write your own class that get scheduled to run at any interval you want.

An advantage of this technique is it allows you to schedule ANYTHING not just removing unreferenced files.

In the image below I created own own Schedule Queue (not required but wanted to keep our custom stuff separated from OOTB Schedule Queues).

We wanted the unreferenced files remove on the weekend (first Saturday of every month) which does not seem possible OOTB.

OOTB you'll notice is limited to intervals in number of days, weeks or months.

d_graham_2-1644251481018.png

Hope this helps,

David

Top Tags