cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unable to check in parts because it says they're already checked in but are not

BrianStoddard
1-Newbie

Unable to check in parts because it says they're already checked in but are not

I'm trying to check in a series of parts/assemblies into Windchill but I get the following error message: New Object EPM Document Master - xxx.prt has same file name that exists in the database. In order to upload this object, you must update this object in the Workspace. My problem is that these parts are NOT in the Windchill cabinet yet. They are still new parts. When I do a search for these items, nothing shows up (as it shouldn't). When I try to update the items, there is nothing to update since they are still showing as new in my Workspace. Any idea as how to fix this or at least see what is supposedly in the Windchill cabinet?? I don't have admin rights so maybe there is something there that I just don't have access to see. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If an other user has uploaded a file with the same filename to his server side workspace, you will get this message, but will not be able to find it, as it is only visible for the other user.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and would like some help.

Thanks!

If an other user has uploaded a file with the same filename to his server side workspace, you will get this message, but will not be able to find it, as it is only visible for the other user.

How do you figure out which user has it reserved?

You'll also get the same problem when the item is in any location in Windchill you have no permissions to see. It could very well be there is a part checked in, but you are not allowed to see it.

To Skylar - you need an admin who knows how Windchill works and the time and permissions to look.

Top Tags