cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Unable to download and updload file in windchill.

AC_9392489
1-Newbie

Unable to download and updload file in windchill.

I am using Creo Parametric Release 4.0 and DatecodeM140

We Are unable to download or upload files (.asm, .drw,. etc) from windchill. We suspect the issue is due to the corruption of Cache. can you please help us to solve the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Here are the errors that I faced
the object with the following key was deleted or inaccessable: "wt.epm.EPMDcument:1170692" Local Cache for source "failed Request" is having incomplete information for merge.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:AC_9392489)

WARNING: you may lose work, anything not uploaded will not be recoverable if you do this. You may need to backup files to your hard drive if there is a lot of work that will be lost.

Close Creo.

On your computer, locate your .wf folder, rename that folder to something (date.wf or whatever). 

Restart Creo, this should rebuild your workspaces BUT ANYTHING THAT WASN'T UPLOADED WILL LIKELY BE LOST.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:StephenW)

Or he can use workspace recovery tool to get the models from the backed up .wf folder.

Article CS104751describes how to do so

PetrH

Hello,

Thank you for the response. Tried this solution. Eventhen while downloading .asm or .prt file i am getting the same error message.

rreifsnyder
14-Alexandrite

I suspect that there is an assembly that uses a component that you don't have access to in your windchill system. It does not need to be related to the files you are trying to check in/out. If your workspace is involved with a single higher level assembly then you can open that in Creo and see if there are any files within the model tree that have an error due to not having the component. If you find that this is the case then you will need to check with someone who has access (probably a windchill admin) to either get you access to that container or to get the particular file moved to a container you do have access to. Our company has actually built a tool to allow users to check their access level to the structure of Creo/WTPart files.

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I agree your solution is true for assembly files but even when i am trying to download part file (.prt) its getting failed with same error message.

rreifsnyder
14-Alexandrite

Perhaps I wasn't clear, it has NOTHING to do with what you are currently trying to upload/download, it has to do with the workspace itself being messed up due to the inability to access some file(s) from Windchill. The workspace becomes effectively locked up until the access is gained or whatever .asm is looking for that file is removed from the workspace which still might not work due to the workspace being messed up. I have seen this literally hundreds of times in our system due to a fair number of containers having controlled access to even view the files in it.

Announcements

Top Tags