cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Unable to register Windchill Server with Work Group Manager

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

Unable to register Windchill Server with Work Group Manager

Hi Community, 

I am following  "Windchill Workgroup Manager™ Installation Guide Windchill 11.1 M020" to Install and configure WGM. I have installed WGM successfully and now need to register Windchill Server as mentioned in guide section 4. 

After validating windchill server url it shows option for all the workspace available. Next I click "Ok" but no authentication option comes. Kindly let me know what are the next step or am I missing some where in the documentation. 

Attaching screenshot of steps followed for registering windchill server. 

Regards,

Sid

6 REPLIES 6

What type of authentication does your Windchill server use?

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey ,

It's fixed authentication using priviledged username and password.

Looks like you are getting some error while creating a new workspace in Even Manager, as in screenshot 4. Can you please provide details of the error?

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

Have you assigned a correct license group to a user or correct role in a context? 

If you can not create the workspace you need to find why.

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

Currently, I have not configured any license for windchill as we are using this server only for testing purpose.

But I do realize that we need to have proper license from Windchill 11.1 onwards. Could you please suggest what should be the correct approach for assigning minimum permissions to the windchill user who can access CAD documents over WRS. 

Thanks,

Sid

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs 

It depends what license you have available in your system

old license groups wch 11.1 

PTC PDMLink Module License

new license groups 12+

PTC Windchill Base License

or

PTC Mechanical Design I License

or

PTC Windchill Advanced License