cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Unable to search for Object Type "Part Request" in Windchill 11.0

pat1995
4-Participant

Unable to search for Object Type "Part Request" in Windchill 11.0

After creating a new Part Request, I don't appear to have the functionality to search for object type "Part Request". I see on the Windchill Help Center Documentation on New Part Request that an object type "Part Request" should exist, but it doesn't appear in my list of object types when I perform an advanced search in Windchill. Any ideas how to get Part Request added to my list of object types?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi pat1995,

Maybe your Site search preferences do not include it?  Some of the preferences list objects types that are included.

ex.

MichaelChatel_0-1576688551027.png

This article may be relevant:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS73459

I would suggest opening a Support case, as we have engineers who specialize in the "search" aspect of Windchill.

pat1995
4-Participant
(To:MichaelChatel)

Thanks for the reply Michael. I tried updating the Site search preferences to enable the Part Request object type to no avail. I took your advice and opened up a Support Case on the matter. If it is resolved, I'll update this thread. Thanks!

pat1995
4-Participant
(To:pat1995)

Answer: The site administrator will have to edit the search preferences under browse>site>utilities>Preference Management>Search>Advanced Search Default Types List>RMB>Set Preference>Select the magnifying glass next to "Value">Make sure the "Part Request" Object Type is selected. Follow this same procedure for "All Applicable Object types Search" & "Global Search Default Types List"

Top Tags