cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to start Windchill Method Server During Cloning Process

kchaithanya
8-Gravel

Unable to start Windchill Method Server During Cloning Process

Dear All,

Good Day To You...

I'm performing Windchill cloning process. As part of that, performed below activities on Source machine..

• Installed Windchill 9.1 M070 along with SQL Server 2005 Standard edition followed by latest service pack( SP4) .
  • Also backed-up LDAP and SQL Sever 2005 and copied Windchill installation (Except Directory Server).
  • Note : Since, both source and target machines are 64-bit, have not tried to install Java SDK again on target, rather copied it along other Windchill installation files.

And performed below activities on target machine...

• Created target machine and pasted already copied Windchill installation and installed SQL Server 2005 with Service pack same as in source machine.
  • Restored LDAP and Database successfully.
  • Activated Windchill shell.

Now, while trying to start Windchill, Method Server is not getting started.

It gives following error...

Nested exception is: wt.services.ManagerException: Could not initialize Auditing service.

I'm here by attaching log file contains exceptions...

I kindly request you to help me out to overcome these problems for successful clone.

Thanks In Advance.....

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Change in file "wt.properties" this properties-> java.rmi.server.hostname=hostenameXX.xx ---> java.rmi.server.hostname=plm.test.com

and execute this command shell :

xconfmanager -p

Regards

Pascal

Hi Mr. Pascal,

Thanks for your reply..

I've checked wt.properties and host name which is plm.test.com is already there for the property java.rmi.server.hostname.

Anyhow, I've given same host name and executed xconfmanager -p in Windchill shell.

But, I'm still getting same error.

I'm here by providing screen shots regarding wt.properties, Windchill shell.

Kindly request you to check them once...

Hi Mr. Pascal,

I've followed the instructions from the above article. But, still same error continues..

Are you following the clone procedure in the Windchill Rehost Guide? If not, try following the clone procedure in the guide, and perform the LDAP copy using the rehosting script:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/105438/en/WC91RehostGuide.pdf

Top Tags