cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Unable to view CAD document Subtype in "Create New Cad Document" UI

hvaradharajan
1-Newbie

Unable to view CAD document Subtype in "Create New Cad Document" UI

Hi,

I have created one subtype under the EPMDocument>CADDocument.

it is called ABCCADDocument.

I expected this to be available in the dropdown "Type" when I create a new CAD Document in the Workspace.

But Iam only getting the parent CAD Document type only.

I am sure that people have faced this issue.

What is the solution to get the new subtype also in the UI of windchill.

Please note that Iam creating the CAD Document not from CAD (Catia or Pro/E), but from the Windchill Workspace side, this is as per my company practise.

The same behaviour is observed in the CAD Document creation screen through Create new part > "Create CAD Document" option checked.

I appreciate your early responses.

Iam able to perfectly create the object of type ABCCADDocument from CAD using the attribute "UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE = <Domain>. ABCCADDocument.

Version info : Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M020

Warm regards

Hari Varadharajan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:hvaradharajan)

The wizard only shows types for which CAD Document templates exist and for which the type is instantiable. You probably just need to create some templates in Windchill that utilize your soft type so they'll show up in the list in the New CAD Doc wizard.

For example, I have two soft types Test CAD Dcoument Type and Test CAD Doc 2:

7-11-2014+5-51-50+PM.png

Test CAD Document Type has a template defined for a CAD Part, Test CAD Doc 2 has no templates defined. Both are marked as Instantiable in the Type and Attribute Management.

7-11-2014+5-53-26+PM.png

My New CAD Document Wizard lists Test CAD Document Type (along with all the others that have templates), but not Test Doc 2:

7-11-2014+5-55-15+PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:hvaradharajan)

The wizard only shows types for which CAD Document templates exist and for which the type is instantiable. You probably just need to create some templates in Windchill that utilize your soft type so they'll show up in the list in the New CAD Doc wizard.

For example, I have two soft types Test CAD Dcoument Type and Test CAD Doc 2:

7-11-2014+5-51-50+PM.png

Test CAD Document Type has a template defined for a CAD Part, Test CAD Doc 2 has no templates defined. Both are marked as Instantiable in the Type and Attribute Management.

7-11-2014+5-53-26+PM.png

My New CAD Document Wizard lists Test CAD Document Type (along with all the others that have templates), but not Test Doc 2:

7-11-2014+5-55-15+PM.png

Hi,

yes, I sorted this issue out by creating template for that CAD Document!

Seeing your response now only.

Thanks

Hari

Top Tags