cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unencrypted local cache

mathiasStorm
6-Contributor

Unencrypted local cache

Hi,

We are trying to automate Creo operations from an auxiliary application (using the Creo Toolkit). When the files are in Windchill we are not able to change anything from this application. Opening local Creo files, everything is working as expected.

My question is if it is possible to always store local cache unencrypted? Like a setting on Windchill server. Basically storing normal Creo files (*.prt, *.asm) as local cache instead of encrypted. 

We are running Windchill 11.0 and Creo 6.0.3.0

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mathiasStorm)

My question is if it is possible to always store local cache unencrypted? 

I doubt this can be changed, but I wanted to point out that these files are not encrypted.  The filenames and extensions have been changed, but there is nothing different about the internal file contents.  If you change their name and extension back, they open up just fine (in Creo.)

mathiasStorm
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

You're right, just tested that. Unfortunately that doesn't help. I guess there is no way to know what their name and extension is since the names seem kind of random. 

What I would want is to choose where to store local cache, and more importantly to keep their name and extension. This is what I'm used to working with Inventor Vault and Solidworks EPDM. This is crucial for our configuration tool to work. I guess the option is to create some kind of integration to Windchill?

Using this tool you can have the correspondence between the name in the cache and that of the physical file.

This is the old guide.

Marco
Top Tags