cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected exit when displaying a Windchill workspace

ptc-263574
1-Newbie

Unexpected exit when displaying a Windchill workspace

We have run into serveral workspaces that will cause Proe (WF3 M100)to exit unexpectedly when we try to display the workspace file listing in the embedded Windchill browser. I have tried to open Proe without a config.pro and removed my .wf cache folder to create a fresh cache but still run into the issue. I can open the assembies from the workspace and i am able to save/upload and checkin from the Proe file menu. Once i try to display the workspace proe crashes. The std.out file does give me an exception code error. Any ideas what might cause this?
2 REPLIES 2

Leonard, does this happen on every workstation? If not, it could be something as simple as video settings or maybe a driver. There are also some hotfixes for IE to improve performance. Another option is to try another Pro/E rev (M140). Hopefully the workspaces didn't get corrupted.. Good Luck! Chuck Markham

Leonard, I had the same symptoms with a few of my designers on WF3 M100 too. I had switched to M110 and that cleared up most of them. I had found one other way of causing Pro/E to fail to display a workspace and occasionally exit unexpectedly. If you have a custom view of the workspace which shows a pro/e parameter, and one of the parts has that parameter containing a " in it, that will also cause the workspace display to fail. Ken
Announcements