cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Unique ID Error

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Unique ID Error

I have an engineer trying to rename an assembly and we keep getting an error.

Error: Cannot change the identity of object because the new identity is not unique.

However if you do a search there is no 174555 anywhere within Windchill and there never has been. I can't figure out why this error is being thrown. Anyone else seen an issue like this and possibly know how to resolve it?

Windchill 10.0 M030

Wildfire 5 M140

Thanks,

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not really sure what the real fix here was. Today I went in with the Site Admin account and renamed the files just fine. Still don't see why one user would get an error every time she tried to rename it but the Admin account renamed the file without any errors.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have seen that before. The object name might exist in a different workspace, but as a new object. That will cause the name to be reserved, even if it has never been checked in. Have users check their workspaces to see if they have a new object with the same name somewhere.

I seem to remember that maybe the admin can see this in a search. I know that users will not see this in a search.

I'm not really sure what the real fix here was. Today I went in with the Site Admin account and renamed the files just fine. Still don't see why one user would get an error every time she tried to rename it but the Admin account renamed the file without any errors.

Top Tags