cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unsupported version of Creo with PDM-Link 10.2

WayneSchrock
12-Amethyst

Unsupported version of Creo with PDM-Link 10.2

Is anyone using an Unsupported version of Creo with PDM-Link 10.2 ? If so are there any issues?

We are planning on upgrading to Windchill 12 soon, however there are new manufacturing techniques in Creo 8.0 and I would like to be able to take advantage of them now (just for our CNC programmers). Would prefer if they could check-in and out files with PDM-Link, instead of having to export files and keep Creo 8.0 files on local disk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:avillanueva)

I have registered and checked in and out parts with unsupported versions of Creo Parametric before. Its one of those things that most companies will not attempt in a production environment because it has not been supported and opens you up for a lot of headaches if something goes wrong.

Bear in mind if you are checking things back in Creo 8 then everyone else will need to be using Creo 8 to open up the checked in files. Your CAD workers will need to be on Creo 8 as well to publish the visualizations. It may work for most things but somewhere you will likely find a problem. Most likely it will be with newer functionality like multibody. Not worth risking IMO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

They typically do not let you connect unsupported versions. You will likely get an error trying to register the server connection. Try it but I would opt for doing those MFG techniques offline if you could. If they files do not need to go back to PDMLink, you could use 8.0 just for that piece.  

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:avillanueva)

I have registered and checked in and out parts with unsupported versions of Creo Parametric before. Its one of those things that most companies will not attempt in a production environment because it has not been supported and opens you up for a lot of headaches if something goes wrong.

Bear in mind if you are checking things back in Creo 8 then everyone else will need to be using Creo 8 to open up the checked in files. Your CAD workers will need to be on Creo 8 as well to publish the visualizations. It may work for most things but somewhere you will likely find a problem. Most likely it will be with newer functionality like multibody. Not worth risking IMO.

Top Tags