cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Updating automatically created drawing, in Windchill

EMonet
6-Contributor

Updating automatically created drawing, in Windchill

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: Hello, I don't know if I'm in the right category, but please let me know if I should move it. We have part with options that depend on the designation and therefore build a large number of possibilities So I have a basic drawing of a basic 3D model which updates automatically according to the designation entered in Windchill, which may or may not build these options (using Creo Pro/Program).

Description:

When users need to create a new drawing for a new part number, they just need to make a copy of this 3D model and drawing, and the new 3D model and drawing are updated directly by the program (the 3D model is an instance of a family table, but this doesn't change much for the problem mentioned here), so the new part number is easily created.

This works very well for the initial revision, as a large number of references can be created, and the drawings are well created.

But when the basic drawing changes (adding a note, dimension, option, etc.), my problem is how to update the drawings already created so that they include these changes. Since they are not linked to the basic drawing once created. Any changes made to the basic drawing are not reflected in the drawings already created. You'd have to recreate them and overwrite the existing ones.

Perhaps one of you has already experienced this, or is my approach the wrong one? Or can we overwrite existing ones with new ones ? Or is there another way to easily create several references, from a 3D model and a basic drawing, when there are just options that change?

We're running Creo 8.0 & Windchill 12.0.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:EMonet)

Hi @EMonet 

I guess that you can create a new drawing copy in your Creo Session and replace the existing one. 

You could simulate it by opening the drawing from local disc, it also allows you yo rewrite the existing drawing in the Windchill

PetrH

EMonet
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr ,
thank you for your answer
Indeed, I can make a new copy locally by going offline and then overwrite, but I'll soon have more than 50-100 references, so I didn't feel like making new copies one by one. Or maybe there's a way to easily redo all the copies with the new references in 1 step, in Creo, out of Windchill?

Announcements

Top Tags